Are you prepared for Brexit?
Preparation for a ‘Hard-Brexit’ is essential to ensure that your company is ready to keep trade disruption to a minimum.
The UK Government are recommending that the following ‘No-Deal’ preparations are considered before the 31st October 2019 deadline:
- Ensure that as an Importer you have a registered UK EORI number, or that you apply for one before the Brexit deadline at: https://www.gov.uk/eori
- If you import goods from the EU into the UK (including goods travelling through the EU from the rest of the world) register for Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP) immediately.
- Consider whether you have the necessary resources & capacity (e.g. staff, storage, IT systems etc) in place and look to increase where required.
- Apply for Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status, to reduce potential delays at UK Ports as well as taking advantage of mutual recognition schemes and faster Customs clearances.
- Consider applying for an inland clearance depot such as a Customs Warehouse or ETSF; these will benefit business in a ‘No-Deal’ scenario.
For further information and to talk to one of our consultants, please contact us.